Thursday, June 11, 2009

Frustrating!

Last night I worked out on the treadmill for 42 minutes and guess what? I feel bloated and FAT today. There's nothing more frustrating. That's why I would never have a male personal trainer or even buy a DVD with a guy as the teacher. Men don't know what it feels like to bloat during our cycles. It's awful. I gain weight - up to 5-7 lbs. primarily water weight and it contributes weight gain because I get used to the feeling and just ignore it. My appetite balloons for nearly a week and then it goes away but I may hold onto 1-2 pounds. What's a pound right? Well it adds up week after week and before I know it, I've gained 20 pounds. That's about right. If I ignore my health - no exercising or eating healthy, by the end of the year, I've gained 20 pounds or so. I gain weight slowly and steadily. And what if I'm stressed out or depressed? Watch out!

Feel like giving up today but I won't. It's a wonderful opportunity to exercise for my health not just to drop pounds. My heart is getting healthier through exercise. I won't stop in fact, my plan is to increase my exercise. I've only been exercising about 2 times a week. I need to increase to 4 times a week. It's going to be hard but I must do it! Just sharing.

No comments: