Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Weight Loss Journey

I hope you all don't mind sharing my journey with you. It will help me to stay on track.
Let me just start with acknowledging the fact that everyone has to go through their own journey. We all become overweight for different reasons that are often a combination of reasons. I think examining those should be the first step before beginning. I'm developing a graph of my reasons and my obstacles.

I'm not ready to share that list with you yet but I will say that I say the affirmation, "I treat myself with kindness" with my eyes closed and it has figuratively opened my eyes to seeing that eating unhealthy and not exercising is not being kind to my body and therefore my soul.

Okay, I began by walking on the treadmill 2 times a week (Mondays and Wednesdays - I'm trying to do it every other day to include the weekends.) In the beginning I could only do about 4 minutes, which depressed me but I continued. Now I can walk/run for 40 minutes.
I walk for ~10 minutes briskly and then run for ONE minute (increasing the speed) and then walk for another 10 minutes, then run again, etc. Any input on improving this from anyone? Should I focus on walking longer or running more?

Treadmills are good for Moms. I do it at night when I get my daughters to bed.

So far I've lost 11 pounds. My goal is to be in a normal BMI range. I have a long way to go. I determined to be healthy. That would be about 32 more pounds to go!

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments: