Monday, March 9, 2009

Letter to Honey - 8/21/2007

Honey,
No one knows you like I know you. You love balls. You love bottle tops - especially beer tops (please stop putting them in your food bowl. It's embarrassing.) You love to bite twigs into tiny pieces. Your absolute favorite is sitting on the grass in the backyard with the sun on your face! I love to watch you outside. Oh, you also LOVE to jump and try and catch the water from the waterhose - I forgot.
You love when I walk you - even though I've gotten strict with you. You know when I'm sad. You always lean on me until I feel better. When Daddy isn't home, you jump off the bed over every little sound trying to alert me of any problems - even when you're really sleepy. You always lean on me in the bed. You LOVE bacon. You love your peanut butter cookie snacks. You're so sweet. Please don't destroy our King comforter - pleeze. We can't afford to get another one! :)
These days you sleep a lot but for an old lady, you sure have a lot of energy for jumping up on the tree, chasing squirrels you never catch, barking at dogs on the TV (which drives me crazy), chewing on your bones, catching balls I throw as far as I can, etc. You always seem to embrace life - that's contagious. Thank you. I can't believe you're over 10 years old. I hope you stay with us forever. I don't think I could've made it without you. Your kindness and loyalty is so special to experience. I love you. Your Mother, Drina.

No comments: